How do I install my brake pads?
Your brake system manufacturer will have specific instructions for replacing the brake pads on your model type on their website. For a general guide to replacing your pads, see the back of our packaging or the instructions are duplicated below.
- Clean disc caliper and surrounding area if necessary.
- Remove used disc pads and clean any remaining dirt from behind the pad.
- It is advisable to completely clean and degrease all brake components and disc braking surfaces before fitting your new pads.
- The brake pistons should be retraced to their maximum adjustment.
- Install your new disc pads and fit new retaining clips/spring, if possible.
- Check and tighten all mountings and fixings according to the manufacturers specification.
If you have any doubt that you're not able to install and setup your disc pads correctly, we recommend you have the new parts fitted by a qualified mechanic at your local bike shop.
What compound should I choose?
Choosing a compound depends on the type of riding you are doing and how you prefer your brakes to feel. When it comes to disc brakes, you can choose from organic, semi-metallic, or sintered compounds.
Check out our guide on choosing a disc brake pad for more help.
Where are you located?
Miles Racing is headquartered in Augsburg, Germany with its U.S. distribution based out of Denver, Colorado. For questions or support for U.S sales, head over to our Contact Page.